BILLERICAY TOWN F.C.

Unofficial

BILLERICAY

The historic town of Billericay doesn't appear in the Domesday Book, it was then part of Burghesteda, or Great Burstead. 

 

Norsey Woods, in Billericay, contains a Bronze Age burial mound and a stone age axehead was found in the woods. This was just the latest ancient find in the area.

 

Local folklore also suggests that the woods was the scene for the end of the Peasants Revolt.

Billericay Town F.C. is the boroughs oldest football club, being formed as Billericay F.C. in 1880. The town was also home to Billericay Albion  F.C., Billericay Thursday F.C and Billericay Rangers F.C.

Billericay Rangers merged with Billericay Town Sports Club in 1964.

VISITING BILLERICAY

Billericay Train station is on the line between Liverpool Street and Southend Victoria, between Shenfied and Wickford, and is served by Greater Anglia.  Anyway planning on travelling to Billericay by train is advised to check for updates in advance.

Trains also come in to the borough from Fenchurch Street stopping at Basildon, which is a bus ride away.  The First Essex 100 and 9 services leave Basildon and go through Billericay, but both services are notoriously unreliable.  There is a taxi rank by the bus station.

Billericay sits between the A12, A130 and A127.  Anyone using Satnav should use the postcode CM12 9SA, which will take you to New Lodge.

BILLERICAY HIGH STREET

Billericay High Street has everything a visiting football fan would want.

There are several pubs along the road.  The Railway and The Crown are the two pubs closest to the train station, with The Blue Boar (Wetherspoons) and The Chequers a short walk further on.  The Chequers Public House stands near the entrance of Chapel Street, near The Church of Mary Magdalen.  The pub was opened in 1769 but was built as a house during the 1600’s.  An extension was added during the 16th century.

Next door to The Blue Boar is the Deli 37 Restaurant which does a brilliant cooked breakfast.  There is a Fish N Chicken on the opposite side of the road with a Waitrose a bit further on.  The Red Lion Public House, nearly opposite Waitrose, has features from the 1400's.  This Grade II listed coaching inn was altered greatly in the 1700 and 1800's but now has modern refurbishment inside.

GETTING TO NEW LODGE

The ground is a 15-20 minute walk from the High Street, either going down Western Road or London Road to get to Tye Common Road.  Blunts Wall Road is then 5 minutes from the traffic lights.

For anyone driving to the match there is some car parking spaces available next to the ground and street parking is limited.

If you would prefer to get a taxi there are two cab ranks outside the train station.  A journey to the ground will cost around £5.00.

Fans will need to buy a ticket to enter the stadium as no cash is take on the turnstiles.  The ticket office is by the entrance of the ground.

Next  |  Concord Rangers (National League South) Wednesday 1 January 2020, 3:00pm

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now